12-06-2011, 11:59 AM
Isn't the wash rule only in effect if you sell a stock at a loss and then rebuy the same stock within 30 days? And it is not illegal or anything...you can still do it, but you just can't claim those losses on your tax returns, they in effect are added to your repurchase price. I would think unless you are messing with very large amounts of money, they end result on your taxes are minimal.
I have yet to do that...I sold some TZA at a loss but have not rebought any. I have sold TNA twice but for a profit...
My current strat is to keep it simple and only buy TNA when I feel the moment is right.
I have yet to do that...I sold some TZA at a loss but have not rebought any. I have sold TNA twice but for a profit...
My current strat is to keep it simple and only buy TNA when I feel the moment is right.
