Word Lens
Props to Slamz for finding this - I think this really rocks.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2OfQdYrHRs&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

I tried it on my iPhone, on some Spanish signs I found online - not perfect, but good enough to get you by. The coolest part is how it replaces the text in real time...altered reality indeed.

[Image: Example2.png]

[Image: Example1.png]
Ex SWG, L2, CoH, Wow, and War
Currently PvPing in the stock market
That is really cool, and usefull if you find your self in a country that doesnt speak English. Like say Scotland. I wonder if it does welsh?
Maul, the Bashing Shamie

"If you want to change the world, be that change."
--Gandhi

[Image: maull2.gif]
Hoots man, dae ye dinnae ken a wee dram a' Scottish? Awa' an bile yer heid. A nod's as guid as a wink tae a blind horse.
It makes me want to drink whiskey! Good Whiskey.
Maul, the Bashing Shamie

--Gandhi

Scotts really are the worse.. There was a Scottish guy who ran a pub in germany and I had to talk to him in german because whatever he spoke wasn't english..

Really no one from that island can speak english.
No one on the island of Britain can speak English, including the English? Smile I'm sure it aggrevates the hell out of Americans that their official language is called English rather than American...not that you haven't butchered the hell out of it...
The variety of unintelligble forms of slang in London alone are almost unrecognizable to anyone who learned proper english in school. "Oxford English" is a dying concept spoken only by the queen and the 5 people with good teeth left in the kingdom.

Seriously, I hang out with 3 british guys from various parts of your accursed island (Birmingham, Derbyshire, West London) and none of our German friends can understand any of them half the time, yet my english is fine with the krauts.. and they (the krauts) all studied BRITISH english in school.

The math and maths dichotomy is enough proof you dont understand the grammer of a language you invinted Wink
Yep, I'm sure your German friends would have no trouble with visiting US tourists from Boston, Alabama, a Cajun from Louisiana, and a mountain man from West Virginia... Smile Not that that's likely, since only about 3 Americans actually have passports...
And thank god Hamburg is not a tourist destination so I dont have to deal wiht them reinforcing every stereotype about us that I didn't believe was true until I went to Paris.

(But brit and german tourists are still worst)
Jakensama Wrote:Seriously, I hang out with 3 british guys from various parts of your accursed island (Birmingham, Derbyshire, West London) and none of our German friends can understand any of them half the time, yet my english is fine with the krauts.. and they (the krauts) all studied BRITISH english in school.

Its funny when I was a xpat in Mexico, the nationals could not understand any of my peers from Texas that went down there. They would ask me to translate in english.
Maul, the Bashing Shamie

--Gandhi

Grieve Wrote:No one on the island of Britain can speak English, including the English? Smile I'm sure it aggrevates the hell out of Americans that their official language is called English rather than American...not that you haven't butchered the hell out of it...

Our English must be correct since every Brit that ever picked up a guitar sings songs in American English. Basically this tells me when you have to get a message across when it really counts you use American English.

The French and Spanish messed up a few states and in-breeding messed up the rest but we pretty much speak the same langauge in America.

Vllad
I seem to recall reading somewhere that American English is closer to what British English used to be -- that the British have drifted further in their language over the last 200 years than their American counterparts.
Slamz Wrote:I seem to recall reading somewhere that American English is closer to what British English used to be -- that the British have drifted further in their language over the last 200 years than their American counterparts.

And then there is Ebonics

Too many games to fit in signature....
Vllad Wrote:Our English must be correct since every Brit that ever picked up a guitar sings songs in American English.

You haven't heard much new stuff in the post punk revival in britain then.
Another pretty cool app. Just like Shazam tells you what song is playing on the radio, this one tells you what show you are watching on TV (or on your computer, iPad, whatever), just by listening to it, then gives you info you ever wanted for it, like IMDB, Netflix, and so on.

http://www.minyanville.com/dailyfeed/coo...ne-app-is/