When and when not to watch
I'm upset that no one watches "Curb Your Enthusiasm." If I were stranded on a desert island with only one set of shows to watch, it would be this show.
"Hamilton is really a Colossus to the anti republican party. Without numbers he is an host within himself. They have got themselves into a defile where they might be finished but too much security on the republican part will give time to his talents and indefatigableness to extricate them. We have had only middling performances to oppose to him. In truth when he comes forward there is nobody but yourself who can meet him. His adversaries having begun the attack he has the advantage of answering them and remains unanswered himself. For God's sake take up your pen and give a fundamental reply to Curtius and Camillas" - Thomas Jefferson to James Madison
Dustie Wrote:I'm upset that no one watches "Curb Your Enthusiasm." If I were stranded on a desert island with only one set of shows to watch, it would be this show.

That show just flat out annoys the shit out of me. Its like they created a a show with the intention of being annoying so they laugh at people who think its funny Smile

But that's just my opinion....
Maul, the Bashing Shamie

"If you want to change the world, be that change."
--Gandhi

[Image: maull2.gif]
Started watching a show called Jeremiah on netflix. I dont recall it being on TV. there is some language a nudity so not sure what channel it was on.

I'm on like show number 7 and its ok so far. I'm entertained. Its about a post apocalyptic earth where all people anove puberty died to a virus. It takes place 15 years after all the old farts died.
Maul, the Bashing Shamie

--Gandhi

Dustie Wrote:I'm upset that no one watches "Curb Your Enthusiasm." If I were stranded on a desert island with only one set of shows to watch, it would be this show.

I watch Curb but I haven't seen anything this year, I'll download it after I finish up It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia and 30 rock (Alec Baldwin's character in that is fantastic, even though I hate him IRL).
Not a big fan of Curb either.
Caveatum & Blhurr D'Vizhun.
[Image: glarebear_av.gif]
[Image: sterb037.gif]
Vanraw Wrote:

That show just flat out annoys the shit out of me. Its like they created a a show with the intention of being annoying so they laugh at people who think its funny Smile

But that's just my opinion....

Maul,
How does it annoy you?

Jake, I'm glad I've found at least one other person who watches it. This season isn't as good as the past ones so far, but it should get better as the work in the whole Sienfield thing.
"Hamilton is really a Colossus to the anti republican party. Without numbers he is an host within himself. They have got themselves into a defile where they might be finished but too much security on the republican part will give time to his talents and indefatigableness to extricate them. We have had only middling performances to oppose to him. In truth when he comes forward there is nobody but yourself who can meet him. His adversaries having begun the attack he has the advantage of answering them and remains unanswered himself. For God's sake take up your pen and give a fundamental reply to Curtius and Camillas" - Thomas Jefferson to James Madison
Dustie Wrote:Maul,
How does it annoy you?

Its just his constant whining (sp?). Its his personality that bugs me, and one that will never entertain me. Note that I have friends that absolutely love this show. I actually enjoy there versions of the stories as we bull shit over beers, as opposed actually watching it.
Maul, the Bashing Shamie

--Gandhi

Vanraw Wrote:
Dustie Wrote:Maul,
How does it annoy you?

Its just his constant whining (sp?). Its his personality that bugs me, and one that will never entertain me. Note that I have friends that absolutely love this show. I actually enjoy there versions of the stories as we bull shit over beers, as opposed actually watching it.

He is complaining all time, but you have to remember that it's a commentary rather then story with a lot of realism. He says all the things we want to say in those situations but never actually do.

Yes, no one would actually wrestle Rosie O'Donnell to the floor over who picks up the check, but its a hilarious exaggeration of what might go through our own heads silently when we encounter those situations. If you watch it that way, its great. I admit though, it took me about 5 episodes to "learn" how to watch it. After that, it went from "eh" to absolute hilarity.
Vanraw Wrote:Started watching a show called Jeremiah on netflix. I dont recall it being on TV. there is some language a nudity so not sure what channel it was on.

I'm on like show number 7 and its ok so far. I'm entertained. Its about a post apocalyptic earth where all people anove puberty died to a virus. It takes place 15 years after all the old farts died.

Please ignore this post, as this pretty much sucked. Bad script spotty acting. I kept waiting for it to get better, and all I did was frind out why they would have canceled the show...
Maul, the Bashing Shamie

--Gandhi

Aw, that's a shame. A post-apocalyptic show sounded pretty interesting. Kind of a wonder, really, that after Mad Max we never really had a good show in that kind of setting, did we? Had a number of movies but I can't think of any shows.

Seems like it would be relatively cheap to produce, too.
The Road should give you a couple hours of post apocalyptic fix when it comes out.

I predict the feel good movie of the year.
Feel good like "Rudy" or feel good like you and the latest issue of Victoria's Secret?
Caveatum & Blhurr D'Vizhun.
[Image: glarebear_av.gif]
[Image: sterb037.gif]
Slamz Wrote:Aw, that's a shame. A post-apocalyptic show sounded pretty interesting. Kind of a wonder, really, that after Mad Max we never really had a good show in that kind of setting, did we? Had a number of movies but I can't think of any shows.

Seems like it would be relatively cheap to produce, too.

The story line really did have some potential. I think the problem was the writing more then the acting.
Maul, the Bashing Shamie

--Gandhi

Jakensama Wrote:The Road should give you a couple hours of post apocalyptic fix when it comes out.

I predict the feel good movie of the year.
I've been looking forward to that one, although Variety recently trashed it. Not that they get things right particularly often. Trailer looks good.
Ex SWG, L2, CoH, Wow, and War
Currently PvPing in the stock market
I wonder if they are going to have the baby roasting on a spit in it.
Curb is my favorite comedy on television. Californication a close second. Im trying my best to stay with Community on NBC because I know the creator/exec producer/head writer. It has gotten a lot better since the first few episodes, dunno if it will survive tho.

Jeremiah was on Showtime back when Showtime had really shitty programming.

The Road...I dunno. Read the book. Having an almost 5 year old son, it was pretty deep for me. They shot this movie over 2 years ago and they keep pushing back the release date, not a good sign.

Pretty sure there's a new show coming out on one of the Big 3 that takes place after an apocalyptic event.

Jericho was a show last year or the year before that took place in a small town after the country got nuked. It was spotty at first, but got much better. It got canceled tho. It's worth the netflix I guess. They at least knew they were getting canceled so they tried to wrap everything up.
Breand Wrote:Curb is my favorite comedy on television.

Yes! Finally, one other person who likes it!
Breand Wrote:Jericho was a show last year or the year before that took place in a small town after the country got nuked. It was spotty at first, but got much better. It got canceled tho. It's worth the netflix I guess. They at least knew they were getting canceled so they tried to wrap everything up.

Yea Jericho was ok. You did need to get through it, but it had some serious acting / writing issues too. Interesting thing, is that Jericho was one of the highest outcries from the public on a canceled show thsat the networks had ever seen. People were really pissed when it was caned the first season. So they come back with a 7 show season to "close off the open ends" and to see if ratings reflected the outcry. The remaing 7 shows had worst ratings then the first season.

I would recommend Jericho if your bored, and or you want to watch it while grinding your Aion char. It doesnt take alot of thought to follow but it was slightly entertaining.
Maul, the Bashing Shamie

--Gandhi

Just started watching "The IT Crowd". Its a britsh comedy that has me crying at times. No brainer comedy classic. Need a fast laugh, watch a episode.

FYI all three seasons are on Netflix streaming.
Maul, the Bashing Shamie

--Gandhi

Dexter has turned out to be a really good series. My neighbor loaned my seasons 1, 2 & 3 - all excellent imo, especially back-to-back.

So, I changed my cable premium channel from HBO to SHO for season 4. Watched all the shows already available, and now have to resort to waiting for Sundays.

It's funny, when I was watching them all back-to-back, I couldn't get enough of the show! I pulled marathon days to get to them all. But now, waiting a full week for the next season 4 episode feels like too much time. By the time the next show rolls around, I no longer care much about it, and it is easy to no longer feel as if the shows are connected.

I'm convinced the best way to watch these series shows is after the show is done, then watch all series back-to-back. The downside, then of course, is that I have to wait for the show to end...
~ The Duskwood Gankster ~
WoW & Beyond: Grizzle / Grizol
EQ/SB: Rafkin / Kriticos / Dudain
grizzle Wrote:Dexter has turned out to be a really good series. My neighbor loaned my seasons 1, 2 & 3 - all excellent imo, especially back-to-back.

So, I changed my cable premium channel from HBO to SHO for season 4. Watched all the shows already available, and now have to resort to waiting for Sundays.

It's funny, when I was watching them all back-to-back, I couldn't get enough of the show! I pulled marathon days to get to them all. But now, waiting a full week for the next season 4 episode feels like too much time. By the time the next show rolls around, I no longer care much about it, and it is easy to no longer feel as if the shows are connected.

I'm convinced the best way to watch these series shows is after the show is done, then watch all series back-to-back. The downside, then of course, is that I have to wait for the show to end...

Next week's Dexter looks like it's going to be a good one.
"You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass." - Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto

Every citizen should be a soldier. This was the case with the Greeks and Romans, and must be that of every free state.
-Thomas Jefferson

Spread my work ethic not my wealth.
Thought I would add Farscape in here on my list as well. I always loved the show and Im re-watching season 1 to 3 on netflix streaming. Enjoying it. In fact I think I have run into a couple shows I missed.
Maul, the Bashing Shamie

--Gandhi