Visual Studio 2008 has become too complicated
Dustie Wrote:I
..And we all know how well Vista has been received in the marketplace.

Although Windows 7 is apparently quite good.
Jakensama Wrote:
Dustie Wrote:I
..And we all know how well Vista has been received in the marketplace.

Although Windows 7 is apparently quite good.

From everything I've seen it should put the heat on the other guys. Competition is good for the market. Windows 7 is going to be good for the market.
"You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass." - Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto

Every citizen should be a soldier. This was the case with the Greeks and Romans, and must be that of every free state.
-Thomas Jefferson

Spread my work ethic not my wealth.
I am excited about Windows 7. If they stuck to the goals of simplicity, light weight and speed I think it will do well.

Also, it seems they've gone back to 3 versions of the OS instead of 5 (as was the case with Vista):
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-7/compare-editions/default.aspx">http://www.microsoft.com/windows/window ... fault.aspx</a><!-- m -->
"Hamilton is really a Colossus to the anti republican party. Without numbers he is an host within himself. They have got themselves into a defile where they might be finished but too much security on the republican part will give time to his talents and indefatigableness to extricate them. We have had only middling performances to oppose to him. In truth when he comes forward there is nobody but yourself who can meet him. His adversaries having begun the attack he has the advantage of answering them and remains unanswered himself. For God's sake take up your pen and give a fundamental reply to Curtius and Camillas" - Thomas Jefferson to James Madison
I have Windows 7 installed on 2 machines at work and another 2 at home - like it a lot. Pretty much everything worked right out of the box as well, which is a first for me and Windows.

I think it will do better than Vista, but it won't help stop the slide towards Macs.
Ex SWG, L2, CoH, Wow, and War
Currently PvPing in the stock market
Grieve Wrote:I have Windows 7 installed on 2 machines at work and another 2 at home - like it a lot. Pretty much everything worked right out of the box as well, which is a first for me and Windows.

I think it will do better than Vista, but it won't help stop the slide towards Macs.

And what percentage exactly does Mac own of the Enterprise server market? Hell the personal PC market for that matter. Single digits?
"You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass." - Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto

Every citizen should be a soldier. This was the case with the Greeks and Romans, and must be that of every free state.
-Thomas Jefferson

Thudz Wrote:And what percentage exactly does Mac own of the Enterprise server market? Hell the personal PC market for that matter. Single digits?
Macs have about 8.5% market share right now, but it was a fraction of that a few years earlier. iPhone sales have pushed people towards macs in a major way.

People also said that iPhones wouldn't make it into the enterprise, but that's already proving totally wrong. On the last Apple earnings call, they said that 20% of Fortune 100 companies had ordered 10,000 or more iPhones, with some buying up to 25,000 phones. Even EMC, which was originally very resistant to the iPhone, has now embraced it, and is buying it from employees as their corporate phones.
Ex SWG, L2, CoH, Wow, and War
Currently PvPing in the stock market
Yes, but soon the gullible hipster market will be oversaturated and its going to be hard to convince more people to overpay for crap.
Grieve Wrote:
Thudz Wrote:And what percentage exactly does Mac own of the Enterprise server market? Hell the personal PC market for that matter. Single digits?
Macs have about 8.5% market share right now, but it was a fraction of that a few years earlier. iPhone sales have pushed people towards macs in a major way.

People also said that iPhones wouldn't make it into the enterprise, but that's already proving totally wrong. On the last Apple earnings call, they said that 20% of Fortune 100 companies had ordered 10,000 or more iPhones, with some buying up to 25,000 phones. Even EMC, which was originally very resistant to the iPhone, has now embraced it, and is buying it from employees as their corporate phones.

Well I guess when you have almost no market share it's hard not to slide in one direction since there is no where to go in the other. Wake me when they hit 25% atleast.

-Thomas Jefferson