I was just a first responder...part II
Maybe I should move. Sad This one was bad, very bad.

Today, Saturday morning, family sitting down to breakfast when we hear a horn blare out followed by the most horrific BAM and then several more bangs which turned out to be one vehicle flipping front over back and through a power poll. I immediately jump up and tell the wife call 911, but our phone is out. I run out to the road and below is what I saw.

This was the truck that caused the wreck. Reports from people who were in their cars on the road said this guy was speeding and weaving in and out of traffic and crossed into oncoming traffic.

[Image: p5020028.th.jpg]

And another closer up. Notice the power lines under the truck. Paramedics didn't even try to get to this guy. I didn't get close enough to see but I think he may have died.

[Image: p5020029.th.jpg]

This is the car I did respond to. It was a small SUV that had an older Asian couple in it. The women was in the passenger seat and pinned in at the hip. I waited with her until the paramedics arrived.

[Image: p5020027.th.jpg]

They had to cut the lady out and had her helicopter evac'd out.

[Image: p5020036.th.jpg]

Ugh. Two weekends in a row.
"You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass." - Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto

Every citizen should be a soldier. This was the case with the Greeks and Romans, and must be that of every free state.
-Thomas Jefferson

Spread my work ethic not my wealth.
Damn, how close is your house to that road?
Moristans: err

What the f*** Skelas - I know this is NSFW, but I coudn't watch this at work...

-Orsun
Moristans Wrote:Damn, how close is your house to that road?

The tree line in the third picture with the fire truck is my side and back yard.

EDIT TO ADD : My wife and I are putting a plan together right now to find a new house. We have three young children, one autistic, that we feel are not safe playing outside.
"You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass." - Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto

Every citizen should be a soldier. This was the case with the Greeks and Romans, and must be that of every free state.
-Thomas Jefferson

Best of luck. That road looks like a part time race course and drag strip.
Moristans: err

What the f*** Skelas - I know this is NSFW, but I coudn't watch this at work...

-Orsun
Yeah that's not cool. Call that real estate agent and yell at em.
Caveatum & Blhurr D'Vizhun.
[Image: glarebear_av.gif]
[Image: sterb037.gif]
yes, there are these places called 'subdivisions' you might try looking into one of them
[should not have shot the dolphin]
Diggles Wrote:yes, there are these places called 'subdivisions' you might try looking into one of them

I'm the first house within a very nice sudivision. My property borders the road and has a fence and tree line dividing us.

-Thomas Jefferson

I'd say yeah, MOVE. Someone is trying to tell you to come back up here where your friends are and it's *reasonably* safe :wink:.
[Image: Signature.jpg]
If he moves into my neighborhood because of you guys....
Waeloga-"Flab is my idol"
Flab Wrote:If he moves into my neighborhood because of you guys....

I think there is a law on the books that we can't get too close to each other. Something about warping space-time and destroying the universe.

-Thomas Jefferson

sheesh thuds. lol

Bad juju right dere! Will you be able to find somehting comparable to what you guys already have?

Forced moves suck!
GW2_Guardian
SWtOR_Marauder
WAR_White Lion_Iron Rock
Amins_WOW_Shaman_Crushridge
Aminion_DAOC_RM_Mid/Guin
Bnobo_Dark Ages_Monk/Rogue
amins Wrote:sheesh thuds. lol

Bad juju right dere! Will you be able to find somehting comparable to what you guys already have?

Forced moves suck!

We are actually looking to upgrade while saving about $400 a month. We went looking around Blue Ridge Lake in N. Georgia at lake property with acreage.

We've been eyeing properties like this one. this is a $600,000 property in the county we're currently in, with NO lake view.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.greatgeorgiaproperties.com/detail2.aspx?id=181266&pcount=18">http://www.greatgeorgiaproperties.com/d ... &pcount=18</a><!-- m -->

-Thomas Jefferson