Hurray, an application for the Warhammer guild.
Alright, so I don't know nobody and discovered the Warhammer guild while trying to figure out what guild to join. So to get the "Straight dope," I went ahead and decided to harass a good guy named Grizzled. He had a lot of patience answered my silly questions and then directed me here.

I read both the stickies at the top which made perfect sense. I also wrote down the key points on some 8x10 cards so I can pass the quiz later.... no wait, forget I typed that.

Okay, so here's some stuff about me:

RL Name: James
Warhammer name: Grover
General Online name: Don't really have one, I change it up every so often. Got to "Keep it real." or whatever.
Games played: I can give a list if you guys really want. But I'm not sure how an MMO CV will help you.

Anyway, lately it's Warhammer Online (What is it with every MMO having Online at the end of the title? Like I wouldn't know that, anyway, less sidetracks* in brackets). I mainly do Scenario RvR and if I can find a group, do some Public Quests. In most games I play I generally find my own way to get gear, equipment or whatever. Guilds and communities are good for the most important resource though: manpower (I'm pretty sure I read that in an HR briefing somewhere) Afterall, not much point in playing an MMO single player. If I wanted to do that I could re-install DooM III and turn out the lights and pretend it's a scary game until I remember that it's the same gimmick of spawning monsters behind the player over and over again. Anyway, considering the end-game is similar to Dark age of Camelot, it's important to have some quality people to play this game with.

On the attitude note, I'm not a very "Serious biz" type of player. I certainly do my best at whatever I'm doing in PvP or PvE because being laid-back isn't an excuse to be a moron, but if I'm in a P-wipe or like in EVE-Online lose a ship or whatever then I'm not really going to get worked up over it. Because, you know, throwing my keyboard around and playing like This guy is going to really help the situation.

That's about all I got, I hope you enjoyed my mini-essay but in my defense you guys asked for it. So please run it through the application processor and if it's no good, let me know with an ingame mail like this:

"Dear Grover,

You're dumb, and a crappy guy."

Well that's pretty mean, why would you guys send a mail like that!

Oh and Grizzled told me to note that I'd be happy to group up with any scenario groups in the 2nd tier. I'm a Rank 17 engineer so if anyone's looking for some ranged DPS, let me know. Otherwise I'll just harass people in game while they go "Slagoff runt!" or something like that.

* - That was a trick** to make the essay look longer. Thanks for playing a long.

** - Is it really a trick if I say it's a trick in a foot-note?

Edit: Apparently I thought that not-knowing how to use URL BBCode would increase my chances! I fixed it now though.
You were right!
Waeloga-"Flab is my idol"
I like your app.

The best bet is to harass people (in a friendly way) in game. Keep in mind tells are not the easiest to notice for a lot of people in this game so if one doesn't answer he probably just didn't have on his contacts and never saw it.

Keep trying though till you make a connection with someone, that someone can then vouch for you and we can see if you pissed anyone off Tongue

See you in game.

-W
Nice app! My groups are always open to teamplayers I'm a 23 BW trying to level in between as much pvp as possible. Group as often as you can and impress someone so they vouch for you!
Caveatum & Blhurr D'Vizhun.
[Image: glarebear_av.gif]
[Image: sterb037.gif]