What are you thoughts on slavery in-game?
Slamz Wrote:Drop the overcharged name by calling them "companions" or "followers" and it'll work just fine. I've long thought that NPCs should be in charge of a lot more things.

POTBS essentially has this in the form of the camps you use to make stuff. YOU aren't making oak logs. You just come around every now and then and collect what your workers have done, presumably via authentic methods of the era. I've long said that POTBS has a much better economic system than EVE, which requires you to personally go out there and sit and mine asteroids, which is the most boring fucking thing ever invented in a video game.

So yes, I think there's a great deal of room for NPC workers to take up tedious tasks while helping to maintain the immersion factor. But you're crazy to even bring up the term "slave" for them.

Just change the term to "follower" and you imply that they have free choice and your idea would be a whole lot easier to discuss.

There is quite a huge difference between a worker (paid employee) and a slave though. Slaves dont earn wages, can be treated poorly/overworked, sent into dangerous conditions, etc etc etc. Slaves can be captured/freed, traded, bred, etc.

This is all referring to slaves as NPCs, not players! Thought personally I think being captured as a slave in pvp would be kinda fun.
[should not have shot the dolphin]

Messages In This Thread